Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Whine Wine Why-n

Whoa, thanks for all the comments. Yes, the new job started has been an ongoing event - apparently they don't pay unless you go there everday. Who makes up these rules?

It's been a very fast couple of days. I'm basically responsible for internal operations of a website company. Sounds interesting? It did to me, that's why I got the job. In the interview, they told me the training period would last anywhere from 1-3 months - the work is complicated and requires lots of attention, learning, re-learning for it to be done accurately. In other words, press a wrong key and you're fired! Talk about stressful... not yet.

The supervisor who is supposed to train me is leaving next week. Yay! Other than that there's only one other person who knows about the system and he's been working there for only 2 months. He doesn't know some of the key developmental tools that are required in the day-to-day transactions. Yay again! Now, the supervisor is being replaced... with someone who doesn't know the system at all.

My challenge is, should my brain chooses to accept, to learn everything by next week as opposed to 3 months later. A challenge indeed. My head is about to explode...

Signing off to wine myself now, hope everyone is doing ok!

2 Comments:

At 5:49 a.m., Blogger christina said...

I'm sure you're up to the task, Nyana - you'll learn all that stuff in no time.

 
At 2:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>