Sunday, February 05, 2006

Olives and Moods

Dark sunday in Big City. As the weather forecast points to a massive quantity of snow for the upcoming days, I'll be busy creating fresh and uplifting dishes to brighten up spirits. This is my way of dealing with the lack of sunlight! Colourful vegetables, citrusy smells, fruity wines and lots of entertaining to bring everyone together.

There's a couple yummy recipes prepared for today. First one is yet another salad, but it's very quick to assemble.

Prosciutto Pear Salad
  • Enough mixed Greens to fill you salad bowl
  • 10-15 thin slices of Prosciutto (this is a dry-cured ham, originally from Italy)
  • 1 pear, sliced thinly
  • Cherry tomatoes, halved
  • Parmesan cheese, quantity left to your liking
  • Fresh cracked black pepper
  • Balsamic vinegar, Olive Oil
For the maximum effect, I suggest you place Prosciutto on mixed greens, surrounded with cherry tomatoes. Then sprinkle your parmesan cheese. It looks like there's snow on your salad! You can add the dressing before serving. This salad is a total crowd pleaser: It looks amazing and tastes orgasmic! As an option, you could also add bbq'ed chestnuts here...!

Mediterranean Style Baby Bok Choy
  • 3 heads of Baby Bok Choy
  • 2 Cups of mushrooms, sliced (Skiitake preferred, but anything goes really...)
  • 1/2 cup olives, pitted, sliced
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1tsp oregano
  • 1 tsp paprika
  • Dash of salt and black pepper
Simply saute your vegetables with olive oil. When they are near done, add in olives and spices. Cook for 2 more minutes, enough to warm the olives. DONE!

I hope to you'll like these. Cooking is a definite passion for me. I'm always trying to figure out new ways to cook things, bring some excitement to everyday food and share tasty delights with friends. If you have any questions, comments, or have specific food-needs, please fire a comment/e-mail and I'll be happy to provide you with a recipe! Now, I have to clean the house a bit. Yay! Here comes the highlight of my day... :)

2 Comments:

At 1:55 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I love olives and I love salad. It looks delicious! Well I guess the indoor days make for some indoor activities. For me I'd be out and about as much as I could stand the cold, or skiing. But I can't say I've done much of the skiing in the past two years.

 
At 3:08 p.m., Blogger nyana said...

You would make such a good dinner guest Expat. Unfortunately not a lot of my friends like olives. As for cold, I try to be active as much as possible, but some days I like to be bundled up on the couch! :) Enjoy the sunshine for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>