Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Flat Faced Happy News

If you haven't seen happiness materialize in your life for some time, how would you react if happiness came to your doorstep and gave you a big kiss on the mouth?

That's sort of what I'm figuring out today. My life in Big City Canada has been like flat Coca-Cola (sorry for the product placement): sweet yet dull. Part of the reason is that I got tangled up in the immigration process & the government cancelled my work visa right after graduating university . Then the ensuing mess of finding a job. It got all a bit too complicated! I will start writing about my job hunt adventures pretty soon and I have to say it's all too funny now that I look back on it. At the end of these processes,

1) I have become akin to an immigration consultant for Canada
2) Got some detailed scoop on finding a job in the big city

So, the point of this whole thing is? (Jezzz woman, make a point will ya?) I got a job offer! I guess it's a happy thing. Yes, it is, right? Puzzled beyond belief here. Hmm... Anywayz. The company is good, timing is good, people who work for the company are good. So good things do happen to people? I suppose. Someone please throw something heavy my way, maybe it'll make it easier for me to comprehend it all. Yay! I guess I'll be employed soon!
Note: there's still contract negotiations and all that fun stuff but... i'd say it's pretty much a done deal. :))))

2 Comments:

At 5:06 a.m., Blogger Di Mackey said...

Congratulations on the job offer ... and lovely blog you have here, just by the way.

My blog site was down yesterday too ... glad we're all back.

kind regards
Di

 
At 3:14 p.m., Blogger nyana said...

hey Di,
thanks a bunch for your warm comments. i'm so excited and a bit nervous about the job. butterflies in my stomach!

:) thanks for dropping by!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>