Monday, January 30, 2006

Kids and Dogs

Tonight is one those nights that confirm 2 things in my life:

a) I don't think I have it in me to have a kid - although I absolutely love them;
b) Dog smell in my living room and on my clothes would make me move into a Febreeze Factory.

I spent the past few hours baby-sitting Mister's gorgeous niece. She's a two year old, totally darling and probably one of the nicest kids around. Despite the fact, she DID NOT want to go to sleep for the life her, cried about 15 minutes (which really felt like 15 years) and chatted to herself for about half an hour. When I walked into her room to check up on her, she greeted me with a huge smile on her face, almost saying:
"HA, I see you came back! Play with me you adult!"
I told her it was time to sleep, and fluffed her pillow a bit. She went to sleep almost right away. Oh man, had I known that was going to work, I would have done it 45 minutes ago.
Meanwhile, on the lower level 2 oversized dogs (I don't know what brand they are, all I know is that they are HUGE) kept barfing. Barf and barifty barf... Of course, my stomach is all over the place now because I'm barf-phobic. Between the dogs and the baby, I'm officially toast.

I don't know how you mothers out there deal with this everyday. R-e-s-p-e-c-t!
I wish all of you the best of relaxation time!

1 Comments:

At 1:00 p.m., Blogger nyana said...

James, I'm right there with you. I think either of those decisions require a lot of thinking and commitment. You cannot just return them when you get sick of them. It's a lifestyle issue I suppose. But much respect to those who can do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>